Float therapy is considered to be one of the most powerful tools relaxation, pain and stress management apart from wellness. Like any other therapy it is advised to take continuous sessions to see better results with time. This therapy has both, physical and mental benefits.
How does it work?
Benefits of Float Therapy:
In the recent times, India has got quite a few flotation spas in some prominent cities. Sharing the list of some of them for your reference:
- Mumbai & Pune – Shalom Float & Wellness Center
- Mumbai – Relaxopod
- Pune – Relax Essence Float Spa
- Bengaluru & Mumbai – 1000 Petals
- Bengaluru – Rhythm Yoga Tank
- Mumbai – Liquid Sanctuary
- Kolkata – VERP
- Chennai – Chennai Floats
Today I will share with you my experience of visiting a flotation spa in Chennai. Located in Abhiramapuram, they charge Rs. 2200/- for a 60 minutes session.
As a sufferer from fibromyalgia, a neuro-muscular chronic pain disorder, I have had great benefits from magnesium. Magnesium is a salt which helps in muscle relaxation, muscle cramps, insomnia. Epsom salts are rich in magnesium and the body absorbs magnesium faster subcutaneously (through skin) than orally. So imagine my happiness when I chance upon a place in my very own city which gives you a flotation spa experience in a pod filled with Epsom salt and water!
Chennai Floats has been around for a year now and my bad I didn’t know this before. So one visit and I was sold. Knowing the benefits it needed no convincing. The entire experience was explained to me in detail with all dos and don’ts by Subhashini, the client manager. The floating initially took a few minutes to get accustomed to but once I got the hang of it, it was easy. The dim light and soft music helped me get into a state of relaxation for the next 60 minutes.
If you are looking to relax yourself from stress or looking for relief from muscular pains then this is a must try. It also helps in aiding sleep so insomniacs will benefit a lot.
- Please do understand the entire procedure before starting though.
- Claustrophobic people may not find the closed pod comfortable so there is an option to leave pod open.
- I had to take help of a neck float as I did not feel comfortable. The idea is to totally relax your body else you can’t float and also you will start feeling a tension in the muscles if they are not relaxed
- It made my hair frizzy so I may probably take a swim cap along next time.
- If you have cut, bruise or broken skin, then the salt will sting and burn that part so avoid till it heals or applying Vaseline on it before floating.
- You are required to take a shower before and after the float so you can carry your shampoos and soap along if you are brand loyal.